Holistic Rehab Treatment
Holistic therapies focus on mind, body and soul
We understand that some addiction and mental health issues cannot be solved using strictly medication or group therapies; therefore, we offer many holistic approaches, such as tai-chi and art therapy. Sprout Health Florida guarantees that our holistic approaches combined with our traditional therapeutic modalities can significantly increase the chance for a successful recovery.
Holism is a theory that the universe, specially living nature, is correctly seen in terms of interacting whole (as of living organisms) that are more than the mere sum of elementary particles. In simpler terms, functional systems cannot be explained or understood by looking at the individual pieces; rather, the individual pieces can only be understood by looking at the whole. For example, if you take the battery or transmission out of a car, there is no indication of how they will make the care move; however, when you consider them as pieces of the entire car, you will see that they work together with the other parts in order to make it run.
Holistic health includes the basics of physical and mental health, as well as social harmony, spiritual enlightenment and emotional balance. The goal of holistic health is to achieve balance between body, mind and spirit. We cannot live a healthy lifestyle if our moving parts, like that of a car, are not working together in synch or properly.
An example of the balance between mind, body and soul would be a person diagnosed with cardiovascular disease. The disease will decrease oxygen flow, causing poor oxygen flow that impairs cognitive performance; thus resulting in a negative impact on decision-making and problem-solving skills. Over time, the disease will affect how you interact with people, putting a strain on your relationships. As the condition continues, it has the ability to cause the individual to question their relationship with a higher power.
The Basis of Holistic Rehab
The goal of holistic health is to achieve balance between body, mind and spirit. We cannot live a healthy lifestyle if our moving parts, like that of a car, are not working together in synch or properly.
Holistic rehab allows patients to see the overall view of their drug addiction. It helps establish a connection between addiction, substance abuse and addiction triggers in order to develop a long-term recovery plan. The goal is to take physical and social health, mental and spiritual wellness and emotional stability into account.
Sprout Health Florida offers holistic rehabilitation treatments, which are:
- Acupuncture: Needles are placed on pressure points to provide a tranquil and relaxed state for our patients. We find that this treatment is one of the best ways to manage physical pain.
- Nutritional therapy: During the detoxification process, we provide vitamins and mineral which are administered orally or intravenously. They help aid in the chemical, enzymatic and physiological processes of the body. They also repair cells and regenerate tissues.
- Exercise: Increases the blood and oxygen flow as well as releases the body’s natural pleasure receptor, dopamine. Dopamine improves emotional health, while exercise itself increase self-esteem.
- Massage therapy: We use essential oil and aromatics to soothe and relax the body. Massage also releases the tension build up from stress and anxiety.
- Spiritual counseling: Our spiritual counselors help patients establish a more fulfilling life by providing an understand and new meaning to all of the events that occurred during their lifetime.
- Yoga: Stretching and breathing exercises help lower blood pressure and clear the mind as well as promote spiritual, mental and physical health.
- Meditation: This training is all about focus and gaining control over the mind. It improves concentration and helps manage mild pain.
- Art therapy: People who struggle with words often find it therapeutic to express their feelings through art. Clinicians are able to gain insight into a patient’s thoughts by evaluating the use of colors, symbols and shapes.
- Music therapy: Like art therapy, sometimes it is hard to express words. Depending on what type of instrument is used and how it is played, Clinicians are, again, able to gain insight into a patient’s thoughts and emotions.
Sprout Health Florida offers as many therapeutic modalities as we can in order to ensure that each of our patients is receiving the treatment that will best suit their individual and unique needs.